You Should Be Here!
Hello, my name is Justin Burner, and I’m the student pastor at AOS. Thank you for taking time to view or read this blog.
I would like to reach out to the youth today. Youth that might be out there, searching for a church to call home. I have a few questions for you.
- Do you like eating pizza?
- Do you like hanging out with people your age?
- Do you like going ice skating?
- Do you like going laser tagging?
- Do you like going shopping?
- Do you like going on trips?
- Do you like learning about God?
- Do you like hanging out with people that love God?
- Do you love experiencing God moments?
If you answered yes to any of these, this is the place for you!
Here at AOS we have an amazing youth group that wants to see you here!
A little bit about our youth group:
- It’s a group of young people that love to have fun.
- A group that enjoys hanging out together.
- A group that’s always there to help uplift one another.
- This youth group is a group that doesn’t care what your past is they won’t judge because we all understand that we ALL have a past.
- This group loves Jesus and cares about others.
If this sounds like a group you would love to be a part of we encourage you to come check us out!
Don’t just take my word for it – I’ve asked some of the awesome youth from our church for their perspective. Be sure and watch the full video to hear from them. We would love to see you here!
And, in case you were curious, here are some of what we are all about:
- We believe that The Lord our God is one!
- We believe you must be baptized in Jesus name according to Acts 2:38 where the Bible says, “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
- We believe you must repent of your sins.
- We serve a God who can supply all your needs!
- We serve a God that will stick close to you.
The Bible says in Deuteronomy 31:8, “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
The Bible says in Matthew 6:31-34, “So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or “What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
The Bible says here that God will supply all of your needs. He cares that much about you. Now if you’re feeling like nobody cares for you and that you don’t matter the Bible says in Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
You may feel like you’ve messed up too much for God to love you anymore. Can I tell you in 1 Corinthians 10:13, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
That lets me know that it doesn’t matter what you’ve done – and it’s not uncommon. But we serve a God who can wipe all that away as far as the East is from the West.
We would love to see you here! Maybe you’re still wondering what kind of church this is, well you should go to our Facebook page and check us out at AOS Youth and Hyphen, or here at AOS.church. We have services in the youth room at 7pm on Wednesday nights, and we have service at 10am on Sundays. We have a wonderful Youth staff here that would love to meet you!
There are young people here looking for new friends. There’s a God here looking for you to commit your life to Him.
If you would love to come but don’t have a ride then feel free to reach out to us, we will provide transportation.
– Bro. Justin Burner